Fuel the Future
Your gift can empower the Duke University Energy Initiative to recruit the best and brightest faculty in energy, provide students with valuable learning opportunities beyond the classroom, kickstart pioneering research, and advance Duke as a premier institution for cultivating and mobilizing talent to generate energy solutions.
Ways to Give
Any gift can be designated in memory or honor of a friend, family member, faculty member, business associate, community leader, organization or remain anonymous. For more information on ways you can support the Energy Initiative, please contact Barbara Collins (Duke Development) at firstname.lastname@example.org or (919) 681-0431.
To make a gift online, use Duke University’s secure giving site.
Checks should be made payable to “Duke University” with a note in the memo section specifying your intent to support the Duke University Energy Initiative and listing fund code 3970014. Please mail your gift to the following address:
Duke University Energy Initiative
Durham, NC 27708
Corporate Matching Gifts:
Many companies match or even triple charitable gifts made by employees and their spouses, retirees and board members. Learn more about corporate matching gifts.
Bequests may be made by will or living trusts. These gifts can include life-income gifts, life insurance, retirement plans, retained life estates, charitable lead trusts and retained real estate, tangible property and securities. Learn more about planned giving.
Corporations and Foundation Collaboration:
We would be delighted to discuss potential sponsorships or partnerships with foundations or corporations. Please contact Suellen Aldina, Director of Engagement and Administration (919-681-4908, email@example.com).
Bring Your Expertise Back to Campus
Alumni participation enriches the Duke energy community, creating learning experiences for students and collaborative opportunities for faculty and researchers. Here are some great ways to stay in touch:
- Get updates: Sign up for our email list to receive updates on energy news and events at Duke.
- Events: Come to our regular Energy Mix to network with energy students, faculty and staff, and professionals from the region. Make plans to join us for Energy Week at Duke in November—it's an annual student-led event series exploring what’s next in energy. Or check out the many dozens of public talks and workshops on energy that Duke hosts throughout the year.
- Participate in a research project: Energy businesses, non-governmental organizations and agencies are participating in many energy research projects, including Bass Connections in Energy & Environment and Data+ project teams that include students and faculty from across the university. Contact Suellen Aldina, Director of Administration and Engagement, to discuss: (919) 681-4908 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Be a mentor, field trip host, speaker or team member: Care to join us for a Power Lunch? We welcome inquiries from alumni and other professionals who would like to mentor Duke energy students, share your expertise in a Power Lunch, speak to student energy clubs, host a Power Trip, or join a Bass Connections in Energy team. Contact Stacy Peterson, Senior Education Programs Coordinator, at (919) 683-1394 or email@example.com to discuss how you can get involved.
- Consider us your connection to energy talent at Duke: Hiring? Looking for interns? Consider us your hookup for energy talent at Duke—more than 1.5K undergraduate and graduate students in a wide variety of degree programs. Send your listing to Stacy Peterson, Senior Education Programs Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact us: Contact Suellen Aldina, Director of Engagement and Administration, to discuss any other ideas or questions you have about engaging with our people, programs, and other resources: email@example.com or (919) 681-4908.