Energy researchers can share work at upcoming workshop
Posted On:Thursday, Apr 04, 2013 - 12:00 am
Calling all Duke energy researchers: Mark the date and submit a proposal for our first Energy Research Collaboration Workshop. The event, in its early planning stages, will be held Tuesday, May 7. The agenda and location will be finalized based on responses to our invitation for proposals, due by April 9.
The workshop is open to Duke University faculty, research staff and their students interested in energy. If you don't submit a proposal, you're still welcome to attend. Presenters have four options for participation:
- Brief Research Sketch. Strictly enforced maximum five minute presentation, using no more than five PowerPoint slides. Intent is to quickly introduce others to your energy research interests. We will combine several research sketches into sessions followed by Q&A.
- Panel. Organized by 2-4 presenters focused on a coherent energy research area. Up to one hour total of presentation and Q&A, depending on number of presenters and format.
- Paper. More in-depth presentation of research methods and results preferably related to a completed (not necessarily published) energy research paper. Presentation of 15-20 minutes followed by Q&A.
- Poster. Poster describing research findings, ongoing activities, or new possible research areas. Posters will be viewable throughout the workshop and a jury will make awards for outstanding posters at the conclusion of the workshop.
In each case the proposal should cover a completed, ongoing or potential energy-related research activity. The presentation should also seek to identify opportunities for future research collaboration.
Please submit your proposal by Tuesday, April 9, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope to finalize the agenda by Tuesday, April 16. Please also pre-register to attend by using this form.
When you submit your proposal, please indicate your preferred presentation option, but also indicate your flexibility to present in alternate formats depending on the overall program design. Also, include this information:
- Title of Sketch, Panel, Paper, or Poster
- Name, title, and affiliation of presenter(s)
- 1-2 paragraph description of the topic
- Contact email and phone number
- Whether Powerpoint slides will be used in the presentation
- Whether you have any constraints on morning or afternoon presentation
Keep an eye on our website for updates and finalized information on agenda, location and full registration.