Positions with the Energy Initiative
Marketing Staff Assistant
The Duke University Energy Initiative—Duke’s interdisciplinary hub for energy education, research, and engagement—is hiring a Marketing Staff Assistant.
We’re seeking an ace early-career communicator whose superpowers include demonstrated writing and organizational skills, curiosity, commitment to what you do, & familiarity with social media platforms. It’d be divine to find someone who can demonstrate skills in photography, videography, graphic design, and/or website management too. Of course, knowledge of energy and environmental issues would certainly be helpful—but if you’re not an energy geek, don’t let that keep you from applying IF you’re motivated and know how to ask good questions.
The job? Helping advance energy at Duke as a key member of our communications/marketing team, taking on a range of tasks (more info in the full description). A utility player (pun intended and fully relished) who enjoys variety would do well in this gig.
On the fence? Consider these factors:
- Duke is taking hold as one of the nation’s preeminent energy schools—our university has been around less than 100 years but we’re emerging as a force in the industry, and this is a chance to play a role in helping build that brand.
- Speaking of our brand, we believe liveliness (including a sense of humor) and substance aren’t mutually exclusive.
- You’ll get to work with students in degree programs across the university as they lead events, competitions, and projects advancing energy at Duke. (See Energy Week, for example!)
- In our fast-moving office, expectations are high, new ideas are welcome, excellence is recognized, and collaboration is prized.
- And Duke’s a pretty awesome place to work (Forbes recently named it among the top 20 large employers in the nation), especially if you’re a communicator seeking professional growth. (Picture Facebook groups, classes, monthly meetings, and other venues where dozens of communicators across Duke network and learn from one another.)
Check out the official job description.
All candidates MUST apply for this job via Duke's HR website (requisition #401553717). But we’d suggest you ALSO send a cover letter and résumé directly to Braden Welborn (firstname.lastname@example.org) AND Suellen Aldina (email@example.com).