The Energy Initiative helps Duke students of all levels and academic fields gain the education and skills they need to become big-picture, innovative thinkers with broad and deep knowledge about energy issues, from science and technology to economics and business to policy and law. By working with them through our programs, you can enrich their experience — and connect with the next generation of energy innovators and leaders.
Share Your Expertise with Energy Students
- Participate in a co-curricular event: The Energy Initiative sponsors a wide variety of enrichment experiences for Duke students. Industry professionals and alumni can:
- Discuss trends and careers in the energy sector at a Power Lunch
- Host a Power Trip at your energy business or facility
- Speak to a student energy club
Contact Stacy Peterson (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss these opportunities.
- Network: Meet energy students at our regular Energy Mix, as well as faculty, staff, and industry professionals from the region. Join our email list to get updates on energy events and news at Duke.
- Connect to a student-focused research project: Energy businesses, non-governmental organizations and agencies can collaborate with Bass Connections in Energy & Environment project teams, or other client-oriented projects that include students and faculty from across the university.
Hire a Duke Student
We’re educating tomorrow’s brightest energy professionals. See how the Energy Initiative is connecting these students with internships and job opportunities, and let us connect you with the right Duke Career Services Center to find the talent your organization needs.
- Duke Career Connections: CareerConnections is the system that the Duke Career Center uses to allow employers to post their internship and job opportunities to students. In order to create an account, please follow the steps below:
Step 1: Visit the CareerConnections site and click on “Click here to register” (below the Login button). Follow the instructions and your request will then enter a holding bin awaiting approval.
Step 2: As soon as your account is approved (within 24-48 hours), you will receive an email confirming the approval along with directions on getting started posting your position.
If you need additional assistance using the CareerConnections system, please send an email to email@example.com.
- Career Centers: The Duke Career Centers work closely with students in their respective schools, and offer a wealth of information, support and advice to fulfill your recruitment needs. Where possible, we have identified officers at individual Career Centers who may specialize in energy and/or related fields.
Get in touch to discuss your ideas about recruiting or connecting with students:
Senior Education Program Coordinator