Duke alumni in energy include early-career professionals as well as high-level decision-makers at prominent corporations, government agencies, and research organizations across the country. We’re all part of the effort to advance an accessible, affordable, reliable, and clean energy system.
No matter where you live, what part of the sector you work in, or what stage you are at in your career, you have the chance to support the Energy Initiative and give back to Duke. Alumni participation enriches our energy community—creating learning experiences for students and collaborative opportunities for faculty and researchers.
Bring Your Expertise Back to Campus
- Check out our events. Come to our regular Energy Mix to network with energy students, faculty and staff, and professionals from the region. Make plans to join us for Energy Week at Duke in November—it's an annual student-led event series exploring what’s next in energy. Or check out the many dozens of public talks and workshops on energy that Duke hosts throughout the year.
- Participate in a research project. Energy businesses, non-governmental organizations and agencies are participating in many energy research projects, including Bass Connections in Energy & Environment & Data+ project teams that include students and faculty from across the university.
- Be a mentor, field trip host, speaker or team member. We welcome inquiries from alumni and other professionals who would like to mentor Duke energy students, share your expertise in a Power Lunch, speak to student energy clubs, host a Power Trip, or join a Bass Connections in Energy & Environment team. Contact Stacy Peterson, Senior Education Program Coordinator, at email@example.com or (919)684-1394 to discuss how you can get involved.
- Consider us your connection to energy talent at Duke. Hiring? Looking for interns? Consider us your hookup for energy talent at Duke—more than 1.5K undergraduate and graduate students in a wide variety of degree programs. Send your listing to Stacy Peterson, Associate Director for Student and Alumni Engagement, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact us. Reach out to Suellen Aldina, Director of Engagement and Administration, at email@example.com or (919)681-4908 to discuss any other ideas or questions you have about engaging with our people, programs and other resources.
For more information on ways you can support the Energy Initiative, please visit our Support Us page or contact Mary Catherine Hall (Duke Development) at firstname.lastname@example.org or (919) 613-4772.